Saturday, April 9, 2011

Find of the Month: First Communion Cookie Cutter Set

I was shopping online for my daughter's first communion dress and veil and was so excited to discover the First Communion Cookie Cutter Set available from The Catholic Supply Company of St. Louis! This set of six plastic cookie cutters includes a host and chalice (together), a church, a dove, a cross, an angel and a lamb. I plan to use the chalice and host to cut out a fondant decoration that I will be using on her First Communion Cake, in addition to using it to make cookies.

Actually, I think this set will be used for alot more than First Communion. The lamb will be used to make shaped sandwiches or cookies for our Liturgy of the Light brunch (which we hold in the atrium after our kid-friendly Liturgy of the Light service).  I bet I could make gelatin jigglers with it, too!

I'll try to post some photos of the finished creations.  In the meantime, if you want to check out the cookie cutter set (which only costs $4.95!) go to the link here. 

1 comment:

  1. These are great. My son will make his first holy communion in a few weeks. I just followed your blog. It is my first time here after visiting via a comment you left on Teaching Heart Mom. Thanks for stopping by. I look forward to visiting your blog!

    ReplyDelete