Saturday, December 18, 2010

Yogurt Cup Saints: Our Lady of Guadalupe and St. Juan Diego

Finally finished my yogurt cup saints for Our Lady of Guadalupe and St. Juan Diego!  Wanted to show them to you; they came out better than I expected! 

Juan's tilma even has a miniature imprint of Our Lady's image on it.  Her veil is covered with handpainted stars. 

I'm looking forward to making some for the patron saints in our home, and a few other saints, throughout the year.  It seems that each one gets a bit easier to make, although I did have difficulty getting Our Lady's face just right.  I tried five times to capture the beauty of her image.  Finally settled on simple dots for eyes and a line drawing for her nose and mouth.

Will work on more of these during the year, in hopes that I can publish a tutorial on how to make them during Advent 2011. Start saving those 6 oz. yogurt cups!

No comments:

Post a Comment